Friday, September 12, 2008

Beardy

This summer our family was able to go to California to see our grandparents and to visit a few theme parks. Unfortunately I forgot my razor at home, so by the end of the trip I had started to grow a little... let's say "fuzz". Landon thought it was funny to rub my chin, and challenged me to grow out a beard. I'd always wanted to see if I could do it, and X approved it, so I decided to commit to not shaving for a whole month no matter how bad it looked. After about a week I looked really ragged and shabby. But I promised myself that I was going to persevere.


This picture is about 2 weeks into my trial. By now it had already started getting pretty itchy, but I kinda liked the way it felt. X said that it made me look "rugged" and that it was softer than she thought it was going to be. So far so good!



Finally, after 4 long weeks, I had reached my goal. Here is a picture that X took of me with her phone with my "full" beard:


I decided that the beard didn't look too shabby on me, and I kept it for another month. It filled in pretty nicely, and most everyone said I looked a lot older. Several people even said I looked like a crazy beatnik. But X was starting to get tired of it and soon said enough was enough. I had told her that I would shave it off as soon as she asked me to, so when she asked me asked me to shave I did it the next day. Of course I decided to have a little bit of fun with it in the process. Below is a compilation of pictures I took with my phone during the shaving process. I realize there is a lot of blackmail potential in these pictures, but I think they are fun and wanted to share them.

This picture makes me think of a tough guy from the 70's. Big chops and a goatee. Classic. And you gotta love the healthy glow radiating from off the top of my head.

Here you have me with the mustache and chin warmer.

And here is one with just the 'stache. One of my friends kindly put it that I look "just like a greasy mexican car salesman". Thanks Brady. It does kinda look like a mexi-stache though...

And lastly, you gotta go with the Hitler. I took another picture of a better looking Hitler, but it ended up getting lost in the mix, so this is the best you get. I love my expression here. Priceless.


Well, that about does it for me in the adventures of beard-land. I'm sure X will probably never let me experiment around with it again. Although I did discuss the possibility of making a short-film with Brady. It would star me playing 4 different characters - A 70's tough guy, a greasy mexican car salesman, a Neo-Nazi, and me with a beard.

4 comments:

D. Bradford said...

Your welcome!

D. Bradford said...

And by "your" I of course mean: "you're"

Sarah said...

Nice KC. Very nice. I have to agree with X, it was time for that thing to go! Ha ha, but I'm glad you had fun while parting with it. I can't wait to hear other updates about life in Logan. Have you eaten at the Junction lately? Those were good times.

Katherine X said...

At times I miss your beard, it tickling me when we kiss, or just playing with it and studying your whiskers. But then it is moments like last night that I remember why I love you so much when you shave. Love you babe!