Monday, June 7, 2010

My Graduation

I finally did it! I tackled the beast! On May 8th I graduated cum laude with a Bachelor's degree in computer science. It was a long 4-year journey, and I'm glad it is over. I plan on getting my master's degree at some point in the future, but for now I am taking a much-needed break!

These are a couple of my buddies who also decided to walk. The one in the middle, Devin, ended up getting a job at GE Energy with me. Danny Glover spoke at our commencement, but no one really seems to know what he was talking about.

My friends Allison and Dale came up and brought air horns for everyone to blow when they announced my name. We were a little scared to blow them at first because we didn't know if we would get in trouble, but the dean of the college of science encouraged everyone to be as loud as possible. Here is a video of me being announced:

After I was announced the dean told everyone that they should be as loud as we were! It was pretty funny.

My brother Landon is also ready to be done with school.

Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to come and support me!

3 comments:

John and Aleesa said...

Congrats!!! Hope you guys are adjusting to Nevada and having fun! Can't wait until we've passed that milestone too. :)

Sarah said...

You did it!!!! Riding the bull is a big achievement. ;) Congrats! Now on to bigger and better things! You will go far.

crush said...

Congratulations, KC! That is awesome! What an adventure you guys have ahead of you! We'll miss you now that you're in NV. Please plan on keeping the blog updated!!