Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Challenge is Over

Last year I blogged about the Cruise Lifestyle Challenge we were doing with my family and X's mom for a year. The challenge officially ended October 1st, and everyone had a good amount of success with completing their goals.

I ended up losing 55 of the 60 pounds I wanted to lose! Unfortunately I couldn't find a "before" picture (not sure if I even took one), so I figure an "after" picture won't be worth much without something to compare it to. Instead, here's a picture of 5 lbs. of fat, so you can just imagine what it looks like (and feels like) to lose 11 of these :)

I also successfully completed a year without sweets (minus the once-in-a-lifetime desserts I was able to try in Israel, Egypt, and Jordan). I had hoped it would be relatively easy to stay away from sweets after a whole year without them, but unfortunately Halloween proved this to be incorrect. At least I feel like I'm eating a lot LESS than I used to! Here's to keeping it all off - until the cruise at least!

4 comments:

Carolyn Howell said...

Amazing. I am just so impressed! xoxo

Sarah said...

Great job! I could never do it unless I was forced

Mike Alexander said...

Ummmmm, I'm pretty sure I coaxed you into having some of your gigantic stash of sweets when we were out there.... I'm disappointed you lied...

Carolyn Howell said...

When is the cruise? We want to hear more about it...