Sunday, April 17, 2011

When The Murders All Began

Every Halloween some friends of mine get together for a "Murder Mystery Dinner". If you haven't ever been to a murder mystery party, basically everyone dresses up and acts like their assigned character, and you follow the mystery in a pseudo-scripted/-improved activity to discover who the murder is (sometimes you are the murderer and you don't even know it until the very end)! Well I stumbled upon this picture from the first Murder Mystery dinner from about four years ago:

Murder Mystery Dinner 2007

In case you couldn't tell, that is me on the far left in the ghastly-white complexion. I was supposed to be the 60-year-old Sir Hamish Hogwash in The Mystery of the Pungent Pumpkin Poisoner, a free murder mystery game you can download. I think I took the old-age thing a little too far, but everyone loved it and we had a really good time. If you are wanting to try out your own murder mystery dinner, but don't want to spend any money, this one was pretty fun for a first-time experience. And if you want to add a fun twist, checkout my post about the murder mystery dinner we hosted back in 2009 for more fun ideas for your own party.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hilarous!!

allypallyslife.blogspot.com said...

CLASSIC!!!!!! I love murder mystery parties!! Who's turn is it to host? Mine? Or Sarah?