Thursday, March 25, 2010

Christmas is in the Air

Okay, so I know its way past Christmas time, but I still wanted to get this done before it got much later. X spent a lot of time decorating our apartment during Christmas time, and I wanted to share some pictures of everything she did.


This is a Christmas count-down that my cousin Robin gave us for our wedding. When I was growing up we always did a Christmas countdown by adding cotton balls to Santa's beard, so I thought this was a fun tradition that we will be able to add to our Christmas decorations. While we had fun doing it together this year, I think it will be more fun for us later on when we have kids.


The glass block in the back was a gift from our close friend Allison last year for Christmas. X was excited to incorporate it into our decorations this year, along with a miniature Nativity set that we got from my mom. In this picture you'll also note our two Betta fish - this is the last picture of either of them alive.


And this is our miniature Christmas tree - Charlie Brown style. We actually inherited a full-size, artificial tree from my mom when she upgraded her tree, but it was too big for our apartment in its full size. So we just took off the top-most part of the tree and used that for our whole tree. It works just fine. We had a hard time choosing which ornaments to put on the tree (can you find the Christmas Pickle on our tree?) since we have so many - I grew up giving/receiving ornaments with my cousins every year - but I thought it all looked nice for the size of tree we had.

We hope you all had a merry Christmas... 3 months ago!

2 comments:

D. Bradford said...

Uh, where's my Christmas pickle!

AllyPally said...

Love LOVE love the little miniture nativity set. Plus I think its so funny that the fish picture is the last picture of them alive! When did the boy die?